Carter Rodman played a critical role for the Mustangs as a reciever and defensive back. Carter was a go to guy in critical 3rd and 4th down situations. Carter was named first team all-district and took his talents to play for Coe College.
While in High School Carter also partcipated in Basketball, Track, Soccer, and Baseball.
1. My most memorable moment from Mustang Football was beating Anamosa in the third round of the playoffs at their place.
2. College football is a lot different because you only play one side of the ball. It makes practice a lot more competitive because the same players don't play both ways and really want to beat each other. Because you only play one way there's a lot less conditioning because you're only on the field half the time.
3. Mount Vernon helped with my transition to college by holding a high academic standard. I feel the school really prepared me for difficult classes and taught me to have good study habits. As for football, Mount Vernon Football taught me to work hard and be accountable which helps me and my team at Coe prepare.
4. Coe is a small college with a pretty small campus. Professors are very willing to help you if you're struggling with the material. People around Coe have a lot of school spirit and care about how the different teams on campus perform. We usually have a pretty good turnout on Saturdays.
5. My advice to players is to have as much fun as possible and don’t worry so much about messing up. Sometimes practice can be hard or you’ll have a bad play, but when you’re done playing, you’ll remember the good times more than the bad times.
6. My future plans are to Major in Accounting and Business Administration and hopefully become a CPA after I graduate.
7. We lost a couple of games the past two weeks but we hope to win out with the last five games of the season.
8. Dad: Chris Rodman Mom: Christine Rodman
9. Football, Basketball, Soccer (3 years), Track (1 year), and Baseball.
10. 1st Team All-District Football, All-Conference Baseball Honorable Mention, Academic All-Conference/District, Honor Roll, Honor Society.